I am a Managing Director at Open Data Connect. I help organisations discover and realise the potential of their data assets. This is achieved by combining established consulting frameworks, with the latest thought leadership and best practices. I also have an ongoing focus on non-profit activities to support the common good through open data, and education (for example GovHack and Wikimedia).
Core services Open Data Connect can help deliver include:
- Establish or review data governance frameworks
- Data modelling and mapping
- Data maturity and risk based benchmarking assessments
- Data training workshops
Since 2015 I have had a focus on Open Data – see my open data page for more information.
My career has progressed through roles from a technical, to a business focus and I enjoy collaborating with people from both.
- Technical background – I have experience in both object orientated, and procedural programming languages, and have coded Android apps in my spare time. My graduate role was as a system development engineer with a successful Canberra based software startup that since expanded to the UK, USA and was acquired by Oracle (OPA).
- Business background – During 2014/15 I was the Strategic Account Manager for a leading govtech startup focused on citizen engagement. I was responsible for all executive relationships in the North East of America. I have eight years experience in Management Consulting almost all of which was with KPMG across Canberra, Melbourne and New York.
My qualifications include: MBA (Melbourne Business School), B Comm / B IT (ANU), Certified Data Management Professional, Certified Information System Auditor, PMP, PRINCE2.
More details are on my LinkedIn page.